Green Jade Estates (Shangri-La Estates, Plat 5)
Board of Trustees
Green Jade Estates Drive
Fenton, MO 63026
Annual Subdivision meeting minutes from 04/17/2011
“Thank you” to the 13 households who made the time to attend our subdivision meeting. We appreciate that everyone has a busy life, but this is YOUR subdivision.
During this meeting, expenses from the 2010 fiscal year were passed around to all those in attendance.
- Once again we would like to remind everyone of the 20mph SPEED LIMIT on our street. The speed limit is there for the safety of everyone on our street and should be observed at all times.
- Excessive noise; eg car stereos, continuous over revving of engines, kids out playing at night (eg Basketball when it’s dark), driving non-licensed vehicles on our street and common ground areas (refer to https://greenjade63026.wordpress.com/bylaws/). We especially ask that you please limit noise after 10pm, this is a common courtesy to all residents, we’re sure you would like the same extended to you.
- Please remember that it is YOUR responsibility to clean up after your own pet while walking them (on a leash) and disposing of their waste properly.
- Our street has 4 common ground areas, they are there for the benefit and enjoyment of all residents. They offer a safe place for the kids living on the street (and their friends) to play. When leaving a common ground area it is your responsibility to clean up after yourself (they are not a place to dump trash).
- Last year we spent $18,000 on replacing a number of concrete slabs on the street and $2,000 on asphalt patching. This year (2011) it is unlikely we will replace any concrete slabs due to the limited funds the subdivision has at its disposal. We do plan to asphalt patch the worse areas in the street (probably sometime in June, once we’re clear of the wet weather season). Subdivision funds allowing, we plan to replace more concrete slabs next year (2012).
We will also be contacting the subdivision association at the top of the street (representing the condos) to request they look into repairing the part of the street that falls under their responsibility (in front of their garages that open out onto “Green Jade Estates Drive”). As part of last year’s replacement of concrete slabs in our street, we took care of damaged slabs as far up the hill as we are responsible for.
- Last year, the largest beautification project we undertook of common ground areas was:
A number of Crocus and Scilla bulbs were planted late last year (November 2010) in all 4 common ground areas. You can see the results of those plantings, along with the Daffodil and Tulip bulbs that were planted the previous year, via the below link:
This year we have already completed one small common ground project:
To date, the largest common ground areas project planned for this year is cleaning up the “garden waste” dumping area in the main common ground area. Please remember that when you dump your GARDEN WASTE ONLY at the end of the fence line (this is the only acceptable area to dump), it is necessary to push it DOWN the hill as far as possible (this is easier if it is broken down into smaller pieces). This will help keep our common ground looking better.
If any resident would like to see, or has an idea for, a common ground beautification project please feel free to speak with one of the Board of Trustees – https://greenjade63026.wordpress.com/contact/
- Subdivision dues have gone up from $200 to $225 annually. While we realize the economy is still in bad shape, we also have to keep in mind that the cost of living has continued to increase regardless, likewise the cost of maintenance of our subdivision increases; eg utilities, grass cutting of our 4 common ground areas, snow removal and salting, street repairs (replacement of concrete slabs, asphalt patching, etc), and other expenses for the neighborhood.
Residents are more than welcome to contact “City & Village” directly: http://cityandvillage.com/contactus.asp — and arrange a payment scheme that fits their budget.
- Please remember that, per our bylaws (refer to https://greenjade63026.wordpress.com/bylaws/), trash cans should go out to the curb NO EARLIER THAN 8pm the night prior to pick up and removed from the curb NO LATER THAN 8pm the day of pick up.
- Open discussion, the main points raised by residents were:
- Keeping our street and common ground areas clean and free of trash. Each individual is responsible for cleaning up after themselves, it is not your neighbors job to do so.
- Excessive noise, especially after dark, it’s unneighborly and can easily become a nuisance.
- Riding of non-licensed vehicles on our street and common ground areas is against our subdivision bylaws and represents a real danger to every resident in our street.
- Car repairs that seem to take an excessive amount of time, results in an eyesore on the street.
Please remember it is our street and every resident has a responsibility for the upkeep and well-being of our street.
- “Property of the month” $300 cash draw: The winner in this year’s random drawing was House #213, congratulations. We do require you to be present at the meeting to be eligible for the cash prize, and this year, House #353 was drawn prior to the present winner.
Late notice: We are happy to announce we will be holding our annual subdivision garage sale again this year. Please look to the website for details.
Finally, we encourage all residents to please visit our subdivision website: https://greenjade63026.wordpress.com/ — it contains information, news, updates, etc that directly relates to YOUR subdivision. It offers an effective means of communication to all residents and we have been working hard to keep this site updated for the benefit of everyone.
As a reminder, please feel free to address any of your concerns directly with the individual they relate to. If you are uncomfortable, or get no results with this, please do not hesitate to contact any one of the board members. This is our neighborhood, and we should all work to make it a better place to live.