Green Jade Estates (Shangri-La Estates, Plat 5)
Board of Trustees
Green Jade Estates Drive
Fenton, MO 63026
Annual Subdivision meeting minutes from 04/28/2013
“Thank you” to the 9 households who made the time to attend our subdivision meeting. We appreciate that everyone has a busy life, but this is YOUR subdivision.
Expenses from the 2012 fiscal year were discussed and, if anyone wanted to see a more detailed breakdown, a paper copy was available on request.
- Steve English announced after 4 years as a trustee (3½ of those as President) he was stepping down. Everyone is attendance thanked Steve for his service and agreed he had done a good job serving our street. Mike Perry also said he would like to step down after 3½ years as a trustee, but was willing to carry on for one more year if needed, while newly appointed trustees made the transition into their new roles.
- Residents in attendance were asked if any of them would like to put their name forward for the vacant positions on the board, no one stepped forward to volunteer.
If the trustee positions can’t be filled, we will have to contact Jefferson County and look at handing over the running of our sub-division to them. Steve stated he had looked briefly into that scenario and firmly believed it would not benefit the overall running of our sub-division… Ron Davis (#212) also spoke up and was in total agreement with Steve, plus encouraged residents to take a more active role in the running of our sub-division.
- Residents in attendance were asked again if any of them would like to put their name forward for the vacant positions on the board. Evan Egley (#265) and Matt Kane (#330) stepped forward to volunteer, on the condition Mike carried on for one more year. Mike agreed. All those in attendance voted in favor of appointing Evan and Matt to the board of trustees.
- Once again we would like to remind everyone of the 20mph SPEED LIMIT on our street. The speed limit is there for the safety of everyone on our street and should be observed at all times.
- Please remember that, per our bylaws (refer to https://greenjade63026.wordpress.com/bylaws/), trash cans should go out to the curb NO EARLIER THAN 8pm the night prior to pick up and removed from the curb NO LATER THAN 8pm the day of pick up.
- Excessive noise; eg car stereos, over-revving of engines, kids/teenagers out playing after dark (eg basketball after 9pm outside #269) or generally hanging around the street and common ground areas. We especially ask you please limit noise after 9pm, this is a common courtesy to all residents, we’re sure you would like the same extended to you.
- Our street has 4 common ground areas, they are there for the benefit and enjoyment of all residents. They offer a safe place for the kids living on the street (and their friends) to play. When leaving a common ground area it is your responsibility to clean up after yourself eg pick up cigarette butts, empty cigarette packets, soda cans and bottles, etc.
Also, please remember it is your responsibility to clean up after your own pet while walking them (on a leash) and disposing of their waste properly.
- Last year we spent $17,090 on replacing a number of concrete slabs and some asphalt patching on the street. This year (2013) we plan to asphalt patch the worse areas in the street (probably sometime in June, once we’re clear of the wet weather season). Subdivision funds allowing, we plan to replace more concrete slabs next year (2014).
- Please remember when dumping your GARDEN WASTE ONLY at the end of the fence line in the main common ground area (this is the only acceptable area to dump), it is necessary to push it DOWN the hill as far as possible (this is much easier if it is broken down into smaller pieces). This will help keep our main common ground looking good.
This past year Mike planted a further 250 Daffodil bulbs in the 4 common ground areas. This cost our sub-division nothing as the bulbs were given free to us by Brightside St Louis.
If any resident would like to see, or has an idea for, a common ground beautification project please feel free to speak with one of the Board of Trustees – https://greenjade63026.wordpress.com/contact/
- Subdivision dues have gone up from $250 to $255 annually. Without these dues our street would not be able to be maintained and improved for all living in the street. Subdivision dues enable us to cover the cost of utilities, grass cutting of our 4 common ground areas, snow removal and salting, street repairs (replacement of concrete slabs, asphalt patching, etc), and other expenses the neighborhood incurs.
- Open discussion, the main points raised by residents were:
- Excessive noise, especially after 9pm, it’s un-neighborly and can easily become a nuisance.
- Unwanted activities (eg groups of teenagers hanging around, especially late at night; some of them smoking pot; underage drinking…) outside homes #228, #244 and #269 were specifically identified and considered problems our street could do without. All residents are encouraged to report any such problems to the police immediately if they happen to witness such behavior and request they come into our sub-division to deal with the reported problem.
- If at all possible park your vehicle(s) in your driveway, or alternatively directly outside your own home and facing the correct way, don’t park outside someone else’s home.
- Keeping street and common ground areas clean and free of trash. Each individual is responsible for cleaning up after themselves – it’s not your neighbor’s job to do so.
- Riding of non-licensed vehicles on our street and common ground areas is against our subdivision bylaws and represents a real danger to every resident in our street.
Please remember it is our street and every resident has a responsibility for the upkeep and well-being of our street.
- “Property of the month” $300 cash draw: The winner in this year’s random drawing was House #330, congratulations.
- “Property of the month” format will change slightly this coming year. The $500 overall amount spent per year will remain unchanged. The 4 winners throughout the year will now each receive a $125 Lowe’s Gift Card, instead of a $50 Lowe’s Gift Card, then being put into an end of your draw for $300 cash.
Finally, we encourage all residents to please visit our subdivision website: https://greenjade63026.wordpress.com/ — it contains information, news, updates, etc that directly relates to YOUR subdivision. It offers an effective means of communication to all residents and we have been working hard to keep this site updated for the benefit of everyone.
As a reminder, please feel free to address any of your concerns directly with the individual they relate to. If you are uncomfortable, or get no results with this, please do not hesitate to contact any one of the board members. This is our neighborhood, and we should all work to make it a better place to live.